Welcome to Pop Up Hotel “Alpenrose by Potato”
The former Hotel Alpenrose was sold in May. For the coming season, the house will once again be breathed into life as a pop-up “Alpenrose by Potato” before it will be remodeled in April 2021. We are pleased to offer you the cozy rooms with cleaning service this winter.
For our hotel guests: A coffee machine is available in all rooms. No meals included in the room rate.
If you wish, you can enjoy meals with regional products in the restaurant for lunch and dinner.
The hotel on the outskirts of Zermatt with an incomparable view of the Matterhorn. The mountain railway to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise is 100m away and it is a 5-minute walk to the church square.
Our large sun terrace invites you to linger. In winter, the ski slope ends just 100m from the hotel and the hiking trails start right in front of the house.
Zermatt is car-free, but from the Hotel Alpenrose you can walk to the cable car to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise with the Schwarzsee and Klein Matterhorn station in 2 minutes. It is a 5-minute walk to the center and 20 minutes to the train station. The bus on the green line stops just below the Alpenrose Zermatt.
Active in winter
- Skiing, Snowboarding
- Winter hiking, snow shoeing excursions
- Ice skating, Curling
- Indoor tennis
Active in summer
- Hiking, Mountain climbing
- Mountain Biking, Trotinette
- Zip-Lining in the Fun Park
- Visiting the Gorner Gorge or the Glacier Garden
- Play grounds in and around Zermatt
- 9-hole golf course at Täsch
Relaxing all year round
- Visiting the viewing points Klein Matterhorn, Gornergrat, Rothorn
- Mountains restaurants around Zermatt
- Zermatlantis mountain museum
- Cinema Vernissage
- Escape room
- Pool billard, darts
- Helicopter roundtrip with Air Zermatt
- Enjoying the public library or the hotel library
Why the Alpenrose hotel ?
- Location near the slopes, the hiking area and the town centre
- 3 minutes on foot to the cable car station Matterhorn Glacier Paradise
- Unique view to the Matterhorn
- Restaurant with specialties made from regional products
- A ski room with a boot dryer in winter, a bike room in summer
- Pets on request